Sunday, February 28, 2016

Tree of Words - I Love You




I LOVE YOU


I love you 
as the sea loves the tempest,
as the night loves all its creatures.

I love you  
with the desperate love 
of shells cleaved to the reefs, 
with the solemn love 
of crickets chanting in the summer night. 

I love you  
with the nameless love 
that turns insects into butterflies, 
with the love that is born again 
like the seasons, 
like earth's endless fields 
each time the rain descends to feed them. 

I love you
and any other word 
can't explain what is born
and rises deep inside me
and binds me to you.


****

Thank you for reading this poem. If you liked it, don't forget to leave a comment.

I am an independent author and I can’t keep on writing without YOUR HELP. Please tip me a dollar with PayPal, become my patron on Patreon (for 1 dollar a month you get one chapter a week a month before it is posted on other sites and the chance to influence the story) or buy my books.

Also, check out hundreds of custom products I created with my poem I Love You.

No comments:

Post a Comment